Tuesday 7 June 2011

My First Day

As I had thought I got up at 5:30 AM when Appa Dearest woke me up. It had been my daily routine to get up early in 10th, but never have taken bath so early. I always bathe in natural light conditions you know! Ok let me skip the obvious activities and jump to Kumarans.
I am the first of my friends to enter the college. At 8 AM. No, not to help the Aayammas(or whatever they're called there) sweep the floor. I am always early to college thanks to Carrier Edj :P. I saw the notice board where class-section details were put up. I saw which class I belong to and my friends belong to. Then I saw the time. Sharp 8. So I asked the Security man as to where the classes are going on. He pointed the infinity behind him and said "ಅಲ್ಲೆಲ್ಲೋ ಇದೆ!". I kept gaping at the infinity and then thought he might be talking about the stairs. With no other choice, I just rushed up the stairs. I seemed to be the Lone Loser on the 1st floor of Kumarans. The how can I be what I am without making a fool of myself? 
I saw a staff room. I went forward. I saw a khaaali class. Next to it was a class with a few girls and boys. They looked like 2nd PUC students writing an exam. So I dint want to disturb them. I went even further and the other class was empty too. I had already grabbed the boys' and girls' attention, mind you. Not very surprising though. Just walking to and fro with a sheepish look on my face will seem funny to anyone. Thrice I oscillated like a fool. And thrice did the students look at me and my idiotic act. Then finally I asked them: "Career Edge...?". The girl who looked the most studious nodded her head and pointed at her desk, as if to say, "Yes, you sheep, this is where your sacrifice will happen!!!!" I just got in and dumped myself next to her. Actually Bridge Course classes had started long before. But this was the 1st class I was attending. She was revising the previous day's portions then. Then the classes went on. I understood 95% of what he taught. 
Then, we were supposed to assemble in the ground, freshers as we were. I was very happy and only little surprised to see my 5 year old friend Aishwarya! We are in the same class again, after 5 years! Some purohit said some shloka, made us repeat some after him, and then we were led to our classes. The class teacher came late.
He himself says that we are "unfortunate" to have got him as our class teacher. He claims to be extremely strict. Umm.. Let's see. There was no classes on 6th.
It was today we got classes and met our teachers. Nice staff I guess. I hope so too!
                         So to conclude, it was nice getting into Kumarans. Instead of complaining of the Bad and the Ugly of Kumarans, I want to practise to appreciate the Good of the college. I have no regrets on joining the college. I'm happy with my present company of acquaintances. Well there's always a good company of "friends" for the rest of my life, wholly comprising of an immortal entity - A2.

No comments:

Post a Comment