Monday 6 June 2011

Preparation for My First Day

Hi all. Given below is an informal report of the much hyped My First Day. So much hyped as if it were to be the first ever day of my life. Fine, let me get started. First things first. There was this orientation on 2nd June.

The orientation day was actually meant to introduce the dignitaries, viz Mrs.Meenakshi Balakrishnan alias Mother, Raviraj Bhat alias RRB Sir and Counsellor(Forgot her name. Oops! But nice lady...). RRB Sir tried to look strict and serious by repeating good habits.
                                        "Be regular. Be punctual. Atendance is compulsary. Be good. Be decently dressed..."
               And thus he went on. Be that, be this. The rest were fine. Seniors and PU pass outs inspired us with their sky-reaching marks(bad adjective, I know :-/). I lost count of my inevitable yawns and was fed up of applauding. The entire program was managed by II PU volunteers(I hate to call them seniors!). Kumarans' left me at 12:30 PM. (Ussappa!).
                                      Then there was my grandad's funeral, and then off I went to my uncle's house. My aunt is one of the best company I can get. We are unique like poles that don't repel. I like variety of food. Junk food, to be precise. So does she. She talks a lot. So do I. She took me all around RR Nagar to fill in our shtomakk with absolute junk and make dinner out of it!  Imagine a Golgappa, Pani Puri, Vada Pav AND ChocoCake on the same day! We went to Gopalan the next day and roamed. Know what, I got my cartoon drawn there! Amma had come there too. And that's the end of RR Nagar. I came back home. I would have stayed there a day more, but for Career. Career Edge I mean! I had to be there for admission stuff.
                                      Then came my 0th day. Read it as zero-th day. I mean the day before 1st! 5th of June 2011. I kept my bag ready. I also tried on the dress I wanted to wear today. And at night I could not afford to sleep late. Had to get up at 5:30 AM. And yeah, after two months - two long months that just fled away like a chased rabbit, I asked my father to wake me up so early! He gave me a are-you-really-my-daughter-Vidha3 look and nodded his head with a mild smile. I grinned back at him. Very strictly restricting myself from music while sleeping, I tried to sleep. Still resisting the temptation, I tried to sleep without music. I realised that even "I" can do things with slight determination. I thought even giving up the slightest temptaion requires a lot of determination. Ah! Now I know why I am lazy! I finally slept at the same time I would have slept if I listened to music. May be around 11:30-12 I fell asleep. I know, too late for 5:30. But I did get up as soon as my father woke me up.
                      *yaaawn*I thought I will blog about "today". But I see that I wrote one article on the preparation itself! I better sleep before mom or dad comes and reminds me I have college tomorrow and I have to wake up early and all that nonsense that I know!
To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment